Search This Blog

Copyright. Don't steal the contents of this blog. Please and thank you. Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Officially a Doctor


On June 3, 2012 (a month ago already!), Dan officially became Dr. Daniel Robert DiBlasi, DO.  We had looked forward to this day for so long, yet the day itself seemed to fly by.  

I'm so proud of Dan and all of his hard work throughout the past four years of medical school.  I know, by God's grace, he's going to be a wonderful doctor. Growing up, my mom would always pray for my dad (and still does) - for God to guide his heart, hands, and mind - as he went to work each day.  I'm excited to pray that prayer for my husband, too, and for all of his future patients. 

We got to the Bayfront Convention Center early to snag good seats.  Before the ceremony started, we took a few family pictures with the nice LECOM backdrop. Then we met some friends in the lobby to take pictures, figuring it'd be harder to find everyone after.  
LECOM offered students the opportunity for a guest hooder - a family member who is currently a physician in the medical field.  My dad was honored when Dan asked him to hood him at his ceremony.  Since Dad was a guest hooder, he had special seating toward the front of the auditorium.  
Congrats, Dr. Ackley!
Congrats, Dr. Botteicher!
Congrats, Dr. DiBlasi!
It was so special to see Dad hood Dan.  Very proud moment for all.
While we were home for Memorial Day, my parents showed us this picture from my dad's graduation from medical school years ago.  Fun little comparison.  
I love it.  



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! I especially loved seeing your parents pictures...so special.

    ReplyDelete