Search This Blog

Copyright. Don't steal the contents of this blog. Please and thank you. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Acid-Washed Jeans


Before I started a blog, I feared this would happen... I'd get "behind" and then avoid it all together.

My rationale: It's too overwheleming to catch up.  It's going to bother me if posts are out of order.  I can't help it - it's my organized, more-of-a-perfectionist-than-I'd-like to admit, personality. 

But, then I got over it. 

Dan and I have slowly but surely started the process of cleaning out our home in preparation for our upcoming move to Hawaii.  I keep thinking June is far away. It's not.  

I was recently cleaning out a drawer and came across some old family pictures.  I love modern technology. I immediately took pictures of the pictures using my phone, and then texted them to various family members.  As you can imagine, I got some great reactions.

Then, when I was home for Easter, my mom found a few more pictures (a very small dent in the hundreds - probably thousands - of pictures she has).  

I saw most of my family in person during my week home (more on that later), and we had a blast reliving the moments captured in the pictures.  Bad hairstyles.  Horrible fashion. And everything else. 

The picture on the top of the pile, which started this mini-project.
Now the image that pops up when my brother calls me.
1992
Visiting Dad at work.  1992.
Kate and I 1992.
Cousins
Me, Meg, Kate, and Jon
Dad - College 
Top:Mom as a baby
Bottom: Kate and Jon
I think my mom and sister look so much alike in these photos.

Mom and Dad always planned the perfect themed birthday parties.
Dad would make the cake and a custom bean-bag toss board based on the invitation.
He's quite the artist.
Ballerina party - my 5th birthday

Cospito cousins
Meg, Me, Kyle, Kate, Derek, Jon 
Sisters
Accessorizing at a young age
Markopoulos cousins
Josh, Steph, Jeremy, Me, Jon
Hanging with my cool uncles
Me and my beautiful mom

Top: Kate
Bottom: Me
From the beginning, we've never looked alike 

First dance recital 
Mom, Dad, and me

2 comments:

  1. ok, you were the PRETTIEST little girl! :):) so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mylanta! LOVE this. hahaha you seriously were an adorable little child (I like the accessory pic). I wish I knew you then!

    Aren't you glad I own a pair of acid wash jeans, present day?? :)

    ReplyDelete