Allie, Cassandra, and I attended Grove City College together. Allie and I lived together freshman year and Cassandra lived next door. Throughout college, we had almost every class together because we were all education majors. Then, senior year, we all lived together in the college apartments during our semester of student teaching.
I have many fond memories on campus with these girls. Lots of late night studying. Hours spent working on field experience portfolios. Checking out materials in the Curriculum Library (I miss that place). Writing lots of lesson plans (full, page-long lesson plans). And just spending time together.
Allie lives in Delaware and Cassandra lives in Pittsburgh. In the past few years, we would always try to make a point to see each other if one of us was back in Grove City. Two summers ago, both girls came to Erie for a weekend, and we repeated the roommate reunion in Erie again this year before the big move.
I am thankful for lasting friendships.
We started our afternoon at Sara's down by Presque Isle.
Then we headed down to the lake and walked around the beach for a while...
On our way back home, we had to make a stop here for soft-serve (even though Sara's had great ice cream, too.)
We ended our day back at our place in Erie.
Of course, Sydney was sad to seem them go.
So was I.
I vote that our next reunion is in Hawaii!
Keep smiling...














No comments:
Post a Comment